December 2016

There are 6 blog entries for December 2016.

What better way to kick off the new year then some live music under the moon and stars! On Saturday, January 7th MacArthur Park will be continuing their Music Under the Moonlight Concert Series with the stylings of the Staber & Chasnoff Duo.

The folk and bluegrass duo of Dick Staber and Judith Chasnoff have been performing since the mid 90s and will bring their unique sound to MacArthur Park for some music under the moonlight.

The Music Under the Moonlight Concert Series runs until April. Admission is $5 per person, with chinder under 10 given free admission. For more information, call the Nature Center at 561-624-6952.

1,898 Views, 0 Comments.

If you are looking to get out and eat this Christmas, look no furhter than 3800 Ocean.

The restaurant, located inside the Marriott Singer Island will be offering a special Christmas Day menu all throughout the day. They will start the day off with a breakfast buffett before having a "Grand Christmas Buffett" featuring various hot and cold stations at lunch. To finish the day off, there will be a Christmas night prix fixe dinner that includes three courses.

The breakfast buffett, served from 8am to 10:30am, will be $28 per adult and $14 per child under 12. The "Grand Christmas Buffett" will be served from noon to 3pm and will cost $65 per adult and $18 per child. The three-course dinner wil cost $65 per adult and an a la carte children's menu will be

1,762 Views, 0 Comments.

Palm Beach County has approved a $1.4 million beach restoration project on Singer Island.

The plan calls for spending that money to restore 1.4 miles of Singer Island dune using up to 50,000 cubit yards of sand. The area sretches from Ocean Reef Park north to MacArthur Beach Park. 80% of the funding will come from the state and county with the city of Riviera Beach kicking in the other 20%.

The director of thhe county's Environmental Resources Management admitted that due to a lack of public beach access in the 1.4 mile stretch, the state cut a portion of the funding it normally would have given. Usually, the state will provide 50% of the funding, but in this case they provided 40% of the funding.

While the county didn't give a specific start

1,687 Views, 0 Comments.

Over the years, the waters of the Atlantic Ocean have began to slowly chip away at Singer Island's beaches and Palm Beach County is looking to do something about it.

Awaiting for commission approval is a nearly $1.4 million beach restoration that would call for the restoration of 1.4 miles of Singer Island dunes using up to 50,000 cubic yards of sand. The area in question stretches from Ocean Reef Park north to MacArthur Beach Park. The County says the project has several benefits, including sea turtle nesting.

The commision is expected to vote on the restoration this week.

2,049 Views, 0 Comments.

Kotler Group, developer and designer of the new 19 story boutique 5000 North Ocean is hoping for a big sales push this holiday season.

While construction hasn't yet started on the condo building, it has already garnered buying interests largely due to the fact that all 48 units face the ocean. While only five units have sold since merketing efforts began in May, they are hoping to increase those numbers as Season is quickly approaching.

They are hoping to garner a lot of those condo sales by targeting northeasterners, as well as local residents who are looking to downsize. Specifically, those in nearby country club communities such as Old Palm and Mirasol.

Kotler Group plans on breaking ground once they have about 12 to 15 contracts in hand with

1,663 Views, 0 Comments.

It's that time of the year when people from all over make their way to Florida for some fun in the sun while the rest of the country braces for winter and VistaBlue is hoping that the increase in people to the area will result in some sales.

The 19-story building, which began construction a year ago, is the first condo tower built on the island since the Ritz-Carlton Residences Singer Island opened in 2008. It will have just 58 units, which range in price from $1.4 million to nearly $8 million for penthouses. The building is set to be completed in January of 2018.

While up to this point VistaBlue has only sold a handful of units, they are hoping to get a big boost this holiday season with an enticing offer.

VistaBlue is the exception to most

2,083 Views, 0 Comments.